is an internationale certification exam accepted for student and migration applications across the world. PTE Academic scores are accepted by thousands of institutions and approved for all UK, Australian and New Zealand visa and immigration categories.
1.Artificial intelligence scoring: means that its not simply a single human assessing your English language skills, but a very clever algorithm that mimics how human markers would score, based on many, many responses.
2.Unbiased scoring: when you take the PTE Academic test, what you say is graded by AI against thousands of previous responses. What this means is that you're graded only on what you say, not your accent or anything else.
3. Flexible testing & fast results: thanks to the use of market leading technology, PTE Academic offers all test takers incredible flexibility. Test taker results are typically delivered in just 5 business days and furthermore, PTE Academic offers global testing in more than 250 test centers in over 50 countries.
4. Send your score unlimited times for free: PTE Academic proudly gives all test takers the freedom to send your scores to as many organizations as you like, without an additional fee. This freedom gives you even greater opportunity to achieve your dreams.
5. Unlimited acceptance for study & migration applications. PTE Academic is accepted for study applications by thousands of academic programs around the world. It is also approved for all Australian and New Zealand student visa and migration applications.
6. The certificate is valid for two years.
External candidates and students enrolled at the University od Naples Federico II.
External candidates pay full fees, while students enrolled at Federico II will have a reduced exam fee.
Candidates should be at least 18 years old.
You can take the test both at presence and online.
At presence you'll take the test at CLA which is a secure Pearson test center.
You will use a computer and headset to listen to, read and respond to questions.
The PTE Academic lasts 2 hours and 15 minute.
The test is made up of three main parts: speaking and writing (together), listening and reading.
There will be no breaks during the test's components.
During the test, you will find twenty different question formats, ranging from multiple choice through to essay writing and interpreting information.
PTE Academic assesses real-life, academic English, so you will hear excerpts from lectures and view graphs and charts.
You will hear a range of accents in the test, from British and American to non-native speakers, so you will be exposed to the type of accents you will encounter in everyday life.
At a distance candidates have to register online
- a reliable PC or Mac computer
- a quiet, private location with no distr
- a quiet, private location with no distractions for the duration of test
- a reliable PC or Mac computer
- a wired headset (bluetooth is not permitted)
- a webcam
- a strong internet connection
Before taking the test, read carefully the FAQs.
During the test candidates have to remove smart watches and put all personal items out of reach.
Breaks must be pre-approved, as there will be no breaks during the test.
PTE Academic scores are accessed online. You will receive an e-mail as soon as your scores will be available, usually in two working days.
Exams take place at Centro Linguistico di Ateneo (CLA - University Language Centre), located in via Mezzocannone 8, fourth floor (entrance also from via Paladino 39, second floor).
- 13th March 2024
- 18th April 2024
- 13th June 2024
Students enrolled at the University of Naples Federico II: € 219 (with a discount code)
External candidates:€ 230
Candidates can enroll anytime until 24 hours before exam date.
External candidates: enroll at the Pearson site.
Students enrolled at the University Federico II: ask by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) a discount code of 11 € before enroll at the Pearson site. Please specify in the e-mail also: place and date of birth and the mobile phone number.
To register on the Pearson website (Pearson English Language Test | PTE Academic (pearsonpte.com) please follow the procedures below:
- on the registration page just confirm, on the drop-down menu, that you would like to study in the country listed as "other" and that the current purpose is "study"
- click on the "Book PTE Academic" key and in the list of centers in Italy choose "CLA Federico II";
- click on the calendar to get the exam dates
- click on "Book" and create a profile by clicking on "Sign Up Today", entering among the requested data those of the identity card
- when paying for the exam, remember to enter the discount code provided by the Direction for International Language Certification.
Candidates has to be at exam venue 30 to 45 minutes before exam starts to do the check-in. They have to bring two identity documents, includind that used to register for the exam.